J. D. Williams English School:
J. D. Williams English School was established in 2nd May, 1948 with "Light the LIght" as its declared motto to meet the quality education needs of the remote Tukrajhar (Tribal) area. The school’s named in honor of Lt. Rev. Jhon David Williams, the then General Secretary of Australian Baptist Missionary Society, who had a great heart for the Boros. Mrs. Alpona Singha (now Basumatary) was appointed as the school's Founder Headmistress and is still serving as Vice Principal. The school follow the Assam State Board (SEBA) syllabus from Lower KG to Class X. So far, 22 batches have completed matriculation from this school and the alumni have engaged themselves in different fields of works such as doctors, engineers, lecturers, teachers, officers and business among others, making the school proud and fulfilling the motto of the school over these three decades of the school's existence.
Shalom Bible College:
Shalom Bible College grew out of a vision of the Boro Baptist Church Union leaders who had concern for the need for trained and biblically equipped lay leaders for an effective ministry within the churches. A Bible Training School was started on 15th March 1957, by Rev. P.N. Ewing, the successor to the first Australian Missionary, Rev. W.G. Crofts and continued till 1957. Here, village lay pastors were given intensive training for short terms in Biblical teachings. After a gap of nine years the In-depth Bible School was established in 1984 with financial aid from the Australian Baptist Missionary Society, which offered two years course in the Boro language.
This continued to functioned till 1991 and the ninety-seven graduates provided a committed pool of workers who fanned out to fulfil the "Bodo Vision 2000". And after much deliberation it was again decided to start a Bible College to train more people for ministry in the churches. In 1998, by a joint effort of the LABU members comprising the Boro, Garo and Rabha Union, the "Shalom Bible College" was inaugurated by Rev. Dr. Roger Kemp of GiA (formerly AMBS) on the 6th October at Tukrajhar.